It can be a dream come true to practice massage therapy in an amazing state such as South Carolina is. Nowadays, it is easier than ever to make your dreams become a reality.
In this article, you can find a list consisting of the gathered top massage schools South Carolina. By this, you can easily find these schools, contact them and start your career as a professional massage therapist. Thus, there is no reason that you wait any longer in order to achieve your massage therapy license and begin creating your reputation in the industry.
At one of these schools, you can get an education that is of a high-quality and also, learn the foundation skills that you need in order to start a career as a successful massage therapist. A curriculum of these schools focuses on mastery of general sciences, such as anatomy and physiology. Additionally, students have to enroll into some required courses. This courses test the knowledge of the students related to South Carolina’s safety laws and health regulations. Also, there are courses that focus on development of the future professional massage therapy students. If a certain method that you wish to master exists, then you should definitely check whether that school provides a course in this special method.
Find out more about massage therapy licensing requirements in South Carolina
In order to start a career as a licensed massage therapist in South Carolina, the first thing you will need to finish is minimum 500 hours of course instruction from a bodywork school or an approved massage. Also, passing the NCBTMB or MBLEx national exams is also important to become a professional massage therapist! In order to be qualified for license renewal costing $175, minimum 12 continuing credit hours that you obtain on every two years are required from South Carolina.
Start a career as a massage therapist in South Carolina
In South Carolina, massage therapists’ annual salary is approximately $29,830. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) claims that there are about 930 massage therapists that are currently employed in the country. Also, it is expected by the BLS that the industry will gain a 20 % demand in massage therapists in the future.
Here is a list of massage therapy schools in South Carolina:
1) Miller-Motte Technical College – Charleston
2) Southeastern Institute – Columbia Main Campus
3) Miller-Motte Technical College – Conway
4) Southeastern Institute – Charleston Main Campus
5) Virginia College – Charleston
6) Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology – Columbia NW
7) Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology – Columbia SE
8) Virginia College – Columbia
9) Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology – North Augusta
10) Virginia College – Florence
11) Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology – Florence
12) Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology - Greenville
13) Virginia College – Greenville
14) Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology – Goose Creek
15) Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology – Rock Hill
16) Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology – Spartanburg
17) Regency Beauty Institute – Spartanburg
18) Virginia College – SpartanburgRead More »